Quo vadis, Aida?
QUO VADIS, AIDA?
Bosnia, July 1995. Aida is a translator for the UN in the small town of Srebrenica. When the Serbian army takes over the town, her family is among the thousands of citizens looking for shelter in the UN camp. As an insider to the negotiations Aida has access to crucial information that she needs to interpret. What is at the horizon for her family and people – rescue or death? Which move should she take?
- International title: Quo vadis, Aida?
- Original title: Quo vadis, Aida?
- Director: Jasmila Žbanić
- Year: 2020
- Countries: Germany, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, France, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Turkey
- Dialogues: Serbian, English, Bosnian, Dutch, Serbo-Croatian
- Genres: War, Drama
- Length: 101 min
- Cast: Jasna Đuričić, Izudin Bajrović, Boris Ler, Dino Bajrović, Johan Heldenbergh
Selective list of festivals and awards: Best International Feature Film – Academy Awards, Venice Film Festival 2020 – Best Film Nominee
Director’s biography: Jasmila Žbanić is a film writer and director from Bosnia and Herzegovina, best known for winning the Golden Bear at the International Filmfestival Berlin in 2006 for her feature film „Grbavica”. She’s a graduate of the Department for Theater and Film Directing at the Academy of Performing Arts, Sarajevo.