The Road to Eden
THE ROAD TO EDEN
A retired writer, Kubat Aliev, is living his last days as a famous and poor writer in a society increasingly concerned by wealth. A widower, he has no children and his only wish is that literature continues to bring enlightenment to his small and disillusioned nation.
- International title: The Road to Eden
- Original title: Akyrky koch
- Director: Bakyt Mukul, Dastan Zhapar Uulu
- Year: 2020
- Length: 121 min
- Country: Kyrgyzstan
- Dialogues: Kyrgyz
- Cast: Marat Alyshpaev, Shaiyr Kasymalieva, Bakyt Mykul
- Selective list of festivals and awards: Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival 2020
Dastan Zhapar Uulu is a filmmaker from Kyrgyzstan. He was born in 1988.
An honoured artist in his home country of Kyrgyzstan, Bakyt Mukul is an actor, writer and director. In 1991, he graduated from Theater School with a degree in drama and film acting. He is currently a member of the Union of Cinematographers of the Kyrgyz Republic. The award-winning feature film A FATHER’S WILL (2016) is his debut feature, which he wrote and directed together with Dastan Zhapar Uulu. ROAD TO EDEN (2020) is his latest film.